Register quickly on iPhone or iPad
You can quickly find your UDID, register your device, and install iOS 17 — all on your iPhone or iPad. This is the easiest way to register your UDID:
Please use Safari on iPhone or iPad to automatically find your UDID.
- Download our configuration profile with Safari on iOS.
- Tap the Allow button to download the profile.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap the new option in Settings:
- Verify that the profile is secure and signed: udid.co Verified
- Install the secure profile to send your UDID to our website. (This profile will then be automatically removed.)
- Complete your PayPal purchase.
Register on Mac or PC
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using USB.
- Select your iOS device in the Finder (Mac) or iTunes (PC).
- Click on Serial Number to switch to UDID being display.
- When the UDID code is displayed, select the Edit menu, then Copy UDID.
- Paste the UDID in the form above and complete your PayPal purchase.
Our Registration Guarantee:
- install iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 developer previews
- included for free: watchOS 10, tvOS 17, and macOS 14 developer previews
- quick registration and great customer service
We are committed to properly registering your device with the Apple Developer Program so that you can install iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 developer previews. You will receive a confirmation email when your device is registers within the guaranteed time:
- Registration Guarantee: 9 minutes
Why do I have to register my UDID with Apple?
Apple will only activate iOS 17 beta software if the device’s Unique Device Identifier (UDID) is registered with the Apple Developer Program. Before activating iOS 17, Apple verifies that the device is registered. If you have registered your device’s UDID with Apple in advance, you can easily install and activate iOS 17.
What is a UDID?
Every iPhone and iPad has a 24 or 40 character Unique Device Identifier (UDID). Your device’s UDID is not its serial number; the UDID and serial number are very different. If you reading this on iOS, download our configuration profile and then go to Settings Profile Downloaded to find your devices’ UDID.
How long will registration take?
The registration process is fast and simple. You will receive a confirmation email when your device is registers within the guaranteed time:
- Registration Guarantee: 9 minutes
Can I update to the watchOS beta?
Yes, just register your iPhone — there is no need to register your Apple Watch. After registering your iPhone, you will receive a link to the configuration profile for iOS software previews. Open this link on your iPhone and install the profile.
What about tvOS?
Yes, just register your iPhone or iPad — there is no need to register your Apple TV. After registering, you will receive a quick setup guide for tvOS software previews.
What about macOS?
We are not able to support macOS 14 this year.
Download iOS 17
Current Releases · June 21
- iOS 17 developer beta 2, build 21A5268h
- iPadOS 17 developer beta 2, build 21A5268h
- watchOS 10 developer beta 2, build 21R5295g
- tvOS 17 developer beta 2, build 21J5293g
- macOS 14 developer beta 2, build 23A5276g
- iPhone XR, XS, 11, 12, 13, and 14
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
- iPhone 8, X, and SE (1st generation) are not supported.
- iPad Pro (2nd generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
Help Documents from Apple
- iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 beta release notes
- watchOS 10 beta release notes
- Installing Apple Beta Software
- Identify your iPhone model
- Identify your iPad model
Over-the-Air Software Updates
Over-the-air software updates are the easiest, fastest, and most secure way to install betas of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17.
Over-the-air updates are available for all registered devices:
Settings app General Software Update
If you would like to use your Mac or PC to update or restore your device, you will need to download an iOS or iPadOS restore image. We provide external download links on the confirmation page and via email.
- Download links are available for all registered devices.
Before you install iOS 17:
- Submit your UDID and complete your PayPal purchase.
- Ensure your device is registered with Apple. You will receive an email from udid.co confirming that your device is registered.
Do not rely on iCloud backups. Save a local backup!
Always have a backup plan. If you want to downgrade to iOS 15, you will need an iOS 15 backup saved on your computer. You will not be able to restore from an iCloud backup made with iOS 17.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open the Finder (Mac) or iTunes (PC).
- Select the “Back Up Now” button to save a backup of iOS 15 and your files.
Installing iOS 17
Install iOS 17 with over-the-air software updates:
You do not need a Mac or PC to install the iOS 17 beta. These steps will enable over-the-air software updates:
Email Support: 8 AM to 11 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Live Chat: closed — but we are quick to respond to emails!